My Favorite Books

  • All books on Acadian History
  • John Adams
  • The Alchemist
  • The Ultimate Gift

Friday, May 28, 2010

Remembering those who served in our US military

Memorial Day 2010
As we remember our military this Memorial Day, I would especially like to pay tribute to members of my family who have served and died in the military for our great country.
1. My husband Don Lennon. He served for 23 years in the US Navy.
2. My son-in-law Pete Peterson served on submarines for 23 years in the US Navy. His sister Yvonne US Air Force serving in Kuwait.
3. My father George H Rogers Jr served in the US Army from March 13, 1941 to May 1946 in New Guinea (The Battle of Buna), Philippines, and Australia.
4. My Mother Hazel E. Robinson Rogers served in the US Army from Jan 23rd 1943 to April 1946. She took the first UN pictures in San Francisco.She was a photographer at the Presidio at Letterman Army Hospital.
5. My Uncles Westby, Allan and Bill who served during WWII in the US Army either in the Pacific or European theaters. My Uncle Tom who served in WWII in the Navy.
6. My cousin Kevin Cahill, US Army presently serving in Italy after doing a 15 month tour in Iraq. My cousin John Gagnon, US Army, presently serving in Afghanistan.My nephew to be Bryan Erickson US Marines Kuwait and Iraq.
7. Vietnam era, my cousins Billy US Marines, Johnny US Air Force, Paul and Wes US National Guard.
8. My Grandfather Aubrey E. Robinson killed in action in WWI in Montfucon France and his brother Clyde Robinson served in France.

Don's Family
1. His sister Sharon served in the US Army Vietnam era. His brother Michael served in the National Guard.
2. His Uncle John Bryne, US Civil War (shot in the head and lost an eye) went on to be the Police Chief of Buffalo NY and was involved in the apprehension of the killer of President McKinley.
3. His Uncle Richard US Army.

Those that are gone God rest your souls. Those that are still here, thank you for your service. Freedom is not free but you all did your part for our freedom.

Remember the wives and the families that were left behind. My grandmother was 18 years old when my grandfather died and my mother was 13 months old. Never saw her father, how sad.

Remember also all my friends and extended family members that have served. Thank you for your sacrifices.

God Bless you all and God Bless America.



No comments:

Post a Comment